I got a chance to talk to Tim Ogden earlier today at Cigar City Brewpub about the upcoming event on January 28th. We sat down at the bar amidst some renovations; an opening up of the brewpub to accommodate additional 3 barrel fermenters that will increase production and flow thought the restaurant. Tim expressed his interest at hosting Fruit in the Room annually as it was the first two years after its conception. It’s been difficult to lock in until recently, what with the brewery’s expansion and the opening of the new tasting room. Now that the brewpub is settled in the chance has finally arrived. Fruit in the Room is but three days away and with but a fifth of the tickets for the event remaining, excitement builds. The tap list has been finalized for all scheduled breweries but Tim makes a point to say that there might be some last minute breweries arriving for the big day.
The taplist has some very attractive beers from a number of breweries. On the top of my list however is a treatment of the 2014 Hunahpu on Mixed Berries, Tim’s own Cherry Creek Wheat Wine, Life is Like, and 7venth Sun’s Mango FYA.
As posted in the Facebook event page, this is the final taplist:
– CCB Mixed Berry Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout (2014)
– CCB Life is Like…Chocolate Cherry Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Stout
– CCB Rum White Oak Pineapple IPA
– CCB Strawberry Lemon Florida Weisse
– CCB Strawberry Muffin Brown Ale
– CCB Sour Lemon IPA
– CCB Imperial Right Side Up Pineapple Cake
– CCB Habanero Mango IPA
– CCB Guanabana Guava Sour
– CCB Passionfruit Guava Sour
– CCB Watermelon Florida Weisse
– CCB Rum French Oak Vanilla Cherry American Porter
– CCBrewpub Cherry Creek Wheat Wine (also available in cans to go!)
– CCBrewpub Carrolwood Cougar
– CCBrewpub Strawberry Mango White IPA on cask
– 7venth Sun Barrel-aged Red D’or (brewed with raspberries and aged in barrels)
– 7venth Sun Mango FYA
– Angry Chair Spread the Jam Tart Raspberry Ale
– B. Nektar Meadery Necromangocon (mead with mango and black pepper)
– The Brew Bus Detour Series Lemon IPA
– The Brew Bus Detour Series Blood Orange IPA
– Swamp Head Blueberry Cottonmouth Wit
– Rivertowne Hala Kahiki Pineapple Beer
As with the previous Fruit in the Room events, the brewpub will be hosting some amazing fruits from three local farms; Kumquat Growers from Dade City,Tomazin Farm from Samsula, and King Family Farm from Myakka. This was a personal favorite of mine at events past. It introduces some to fruits they haven’t experienced before and others to the high quality fruits we grew up on from some remarkable local growers. The fruit also provides an excellent pallet cleanse and a very nice accent to the ways that the different fruits ferment.
After we finished talking about Fruit in the Room, Tim mentioned some of the awesome beers the brewpub will be presenting at Hunahpu’s day. Included is a treatment of Leon’s Grandson’s It’s My Birthday Barley Wine in a Four Roses Barrel. I for one can’t wait. And for anyone who doesn’t have a Hunahpu’s day ticket yet, there are tickets reserved for purchase for all those attending Fruit in the Room.